Tuesday, February 15, 2011

-Ward Blues-

Ok I am going to do a little venting about our -Clinton Ward-....
Now I know this is probably something so incredibly stupid to complain about and I am not one to get offended and stop going no matter how much I "dislike" our ward but here goes anyway....
We were so spoiled in our last ward..... The teachers and primary workers were amazing especially with Lundyn.... they had someone to sit with her at all times and if she needed anything even to walk around her teachers took care of it and she loved them.... Even all the kids would come up to her and say Hi Lundyn and were super nice..... And they had a little lesson about special needs and how we are all different to get them all used to her and her disabilities......
This ward we are in now the kids in her class and Primary always just stare at her if she is having a melt down or making loud noises or weird movements because either they have Never seen or been talked with about people with Disabilities or they just like to stare at her and not even say Hi to her and I can not blame them they are kids and don't know any better but it still hurts my feelings as her Mom, But what is the Adults excuse? There are so many we walk into Sacrament and she will be drooling or again make loud noises and they really just look at her and me like what the crap is wrong with your child, and it might be shock at first because she looks very normal and then she moves and has spams and her hands go into awkward shapes and the drooling and noises can throw you off but after the first couple of weeks you'd think it would be different but no after 6 months here no change! ....... And I am trying to brush it off and not have hard feelings but again it is hard! because our last ward was like a family seriously!
Her Primary teachers are so cute though they really have tried to get her to come and be a part of the class but she wont even step into the building anymore.... If she doesn't feel loved or comfortable she wont go to that place ever..... Sundays are currently our worst days she has her melt downs as most of you all know but Sundays really she is in her wheel chair so she cant get out and hurt herself or anybody else its that bad and by the look of her teeth again you can tell what it has been like... LOL
And it doesn't help that our ward is HUGE and we all feel a little lost again not that I mind I mean I am an adult and can manage but when it comes to Lundyn she is so overwhelmed there and I can see why. So I have been trying to take her to the special needs Primary but that has also been a transition that I will continue to try so she is able to get something!
Forde has always had a struggle going to nursery but he began to love his last nursery and he would get so excited to go now we are back where we started he Hates Nursery this is more my complaint and frustration because lots of kids have problems in Nursery so he is not my main concern....
Like I said I don't get offended easily and even though this situation is hard I will continue to go every week taking turns between Nate and I so one of us is home with Lundyn and I do it for myself and Kylan, and even Forde :) I don't want to be another lost person falling away and taking that away from my children because it isn't the perfect ward!
Ok now I only post these things to either get good feed back or ideas and for journal purposes so I can look back at posts and see things in our life good or bad! So thankyou all of my friends from the Forest Park Layton ward you are all so amazing and you are all so missed!
Thanks for taking a peek!!!

8 comments:

Nikki said...

hey Lori, you really should try coming to my ward. My bishop is coming over tonight do you mind if I ask him? We have a special needs girl in our ward and she has been there her whole life, I am not kidding when I say I moved back for our ward. It makes a big difference. We already have so many loud kids that nobody will notice her noises. I will even go to primary with her so you can have some relief society time. her and ky would be in braxtons class so maybe that would help. I hated our last ward and quit going for a few years and My life has changed since I have been back here. Its funny a general authority spoke and called it a maternity ward. lol! let me know. seriously I promise you will love it. Lundyn is my buddy so maybe she would go to primary with me brax ans paizlie. and forde would be in gunnars nursery. and everyone in there is AMAZING!!! I was friends with them outside of church, they are great people. Think about it and let me know. Love ya girl!

Suzan Bruce said...

Lori you need to talk with the Bishop, it's s learning curve for all and by the sound of it all of your leaders are over worked your last two wards were much more seasoned with a lot of older people. Take matters onto your own hands speak out to your leaders if theyre cluleless, clue them in!!!!!

Suzan Bruce said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy said...

Here is what I think I would try, I went to elementary with a boy whose mother did something similar in our 1st grade class and I still remember it, and thats where I think I learned about kids with disabilities. You could ask if you could do a primary lesson one day. I'd clear it with the bishop first then go to the primary pres. Do a fun talk about sweet Lundyn, explain everything, sing my favorite song ...I'll walk with you I'll talk with you thats how I'll show my love for you... Then have Lundyn come in with Nate and she can hand out treats or something, I think that could help the clueless people and the kids will learn that she is a special child of God that gets to go straight to Heaven! Love you Lori, Boen was horrid at the nursery thing! Just don't give in, he is finally staying!

The Bruces said...

Amy that is a great idea.... I really think that is a start right there! And thanks to all of you my friends and family for listening to me complain and vent about this....

Heather Forest said...

Lori I am sorry. Having a difficult ward is never easy. I like what Suzan and Amy said. You shouldn't have to split up your family on Sundays because of others' ignorance. Your Bishop really does need to get involved and have a lesson not only with the primary but also in the adult Sunday School. Heck even in YM/YW. Sounds like everyone in that ward needs a refresher course on the Life of Christ.

Ashlie said...

I would like to ditto Heather's comment and say I am sorry. Keep your chin up and I hope things get better!! I've had my fair share with rude people in some of my wards too...and it's a tuff situation when people aren't nice to me but it's even worse when people are IGNORANT to innocent children.

April said...

Oh lori I'm so sorry. Yes they are clueless but come on really? Adults should know better. I love amys idea! I bet linden would love to help out too. Good luck I hope they turn around. Love you all!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker