Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day #4 Challenge.. Craft area!

Day 4 challenge is the Linen Closet and I seriously don't have a Linen closet :( So all my Towels are in my Laundry room and blankets and stuff in our closets so as I get to those areas I will work on that as well... So I chose my own area and I also did 2 challenges on Saturday because Sunday's are to busy for me with Church and kids and our Family dinners!
Anyways in our house we love doing Crafts.... My kids and I are always doing some kind of craft we have craft book idea's or come up with our own idea's and really this has made for one messy Craft area scattered all over our home we had 2 boxes in my Laundry room with stuff in it, things in kids rooms, and a Huge basket in my closet in the kitchen close to our table where most of these are made.
So I knew this was something I had to get a hold of, and I had my Daughter help with this one because after all they help make the messes they can help get it cleaned up and we actually had so much fun doing this we found a lot of stuff we didn't even remember we had.... I have not labeled them yet but I will get to that Monday so for now we started by really throwing away things that should have been thrown away forever ago.... Dried up paints/markers..... Old papers used.... Just odd's and end's here and there of things that were of no use so we Chucked a ton of stuff and it felt good!
Then I went to Walmart again and found a plastic filing Cabinet type thing for $9.00, and I organized from top to bottom putting all things together in Categories such as coloring books/paper/notebook's on the bottom and on up with Scissors/glue/ tape things of this sort, this is going to make a huge difference when we need to find all of our crafting items as well, Then I took all of my kid's learning tools, Flash cards with math, letters, states and shapes and other things as well and put them in a container and put it right on top of the filing cabinet so everyday we can just grab the bin sit at the table and do our stuff and then put it away and back where it goes! Life is getting better and better the more Organized I get!
Before pictures!
after picture!

This is the filing cabinet I got for just $9.00 at Walmart.... and let me tell you I am so glad I went with something like this for kids Craft stuff mainly because it has easy to see in Drawers and it has wheels so I can wheel it back into the closet and wheel it out right over to the table or where ever we are doing Crafts so we are not back and forth!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker