Tuesday, October 21, 2008

FRUSTRATED!!!

Ok now I am extremely frustrated and a little hurt :( Before I begin this story I must say the thought of this happening has crossed my mind a time or two but I didnt think it would bother me so much as it really has. Also I am not saying to much imfo about people involved mainly because I dont want to hurt anyones feelings in return. 
   Today Kylan was invited to a little halloween party coming up and Lundyn was not. Now I understand that she isnt always going to be able to do alot of things Ky does but I was really shocked at the way the person delivering the invite acted, first she was like we would really like it if Ky could come and here is the card and all the imfo. 
     Me: Oh OK that sounds fun.
     Anonymous: Now we didnt invite Lundyn because of her condition,                                                (now I know it sounds harmless but the body language and everything combined made it seem like she was afraid to even say Lundyns name) like she would catch something from it. 
  So I seriously almost burst into tears. I know its probably not as big of a deal as I am making it one but I really felt so bad. And since Ky and Lund dont go to the same school its bound to happen.. Right? Different friends and all, But this is someone who knows both of them and usually people will invite both and give me the option to come along with her... which I have done or sometimes I just take Lund and do something else fun, so really I dont know if I would have sent them both but just the way everything happened really HURT my feelings. 
    Before any of you need to ask Yes I am still sending Ky because after all why shouldnt she get to go right? So I am planning on doing something very fun with my other two.... 
    But I just thought I would post since I was super frustrated with the situation, I just wish sometimes people wouldn't be so weird about her sometimes.... 
  But who am I to judge maybe they just dont know how or what to say.... I mean I dont know how I would if I didnt have a child with disabilities. Ok now I am done and feel alot better after letting this all out  :)
    And yes I also know I may be overreacting just a tad!
     

17 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

Lori,
I would have cried as well. I think you are right, people just don't know what to say or how to react sometimes, but I can imagine how hard it is for you. And I think people need to be a little more tactful most of the time. You are such a good mom and I think it's awesome that you are going to take Lundyn and do something fun with her!!!

Michelle said...

That's so sad and frustrating. I'm sure they, like Carlee said, just are unsure of how to act or how it would be but I agree completely with you that they should have at least given you the option and not purposely excluded Lundyn. I don't think you're over-reacting at all but rather feeling what any decent mother would feel. I'm sorry you had to have this happen. I hope both girls have a good time (Ky at the party and Lundyn with you) and that people can learn some tact and also learn to be a bit more adaptable.

Michelle said...

I don't think you overreacted at all! When someone does something to your kids, it's like they did it to you. I can't believe they would specifically not invite Lundyn. I would NEVER do that! That is so rude, I can't even believe it! I'm sorry!

Stephanie said...

I think you are completely justified in feeling bed. That is just rude! I am so sorry. I think that you are her mom and you are there to protect her so it is perfectly fine to overreact.

Stacie said...

I am so sorry that happened! And I don't think that you overreacted at all! I would have felt the same way! I hope all is going well for you in day 1 of the long week!

Lauren said...

I don't think your overreacting! I think it is rude that they didn't invite her TWIN sister! She's adorable! I would be hurt if someone didn't invite one of my kids to a party and invited the other if they were friends with both!

Becky said...

oh lori, I am so sorry! I think you reacted in a normal way.no need to feel bad about that. Your an awesome mom, and I think you handled the situation better then I would have. Hugs.

heather said...

Oh my goodness, that absolutely breaks my heart. You are such a good mom. I can't imagine how hard things can be sometimes, but you do a great job!

Stephanie said...

that just chaps my hide! I can't believe she did that! If I were there I would take Ky and Lundyn to the party myself and ask her just WHAT she thought Lundyn wasn't capable of? and then watch her struggle for words as she did everything else the rest of the kids were doing.

GIVE ME A BREAK..

I love you Lori! ANd I love you too my little London. London. Lundyn!

haley said...

No over reaction on your part Lori, I think people are just ignorant sometimes that's all. I'm sorry you have to deal with issues like that, I can only imagine how frustrating that is for you. Sorry...

April said...

Lori that is horrible. I was freaking out just reading it. Some people I swear. I am sorry you have to go through that. I hope she really didn't mean it. I wish you more luck in the future. Those girls are dang cute. And what an awesome mom you are to take Lundyn somewhere else.

Amy said...

Oh my little Lundyn! I think you weren't over reacting. I think she was just dumb, being a dumb mom who just doesn't have a clue. I would probably have gotton really mad at her right there on the spot, but you are a better person to not! Have I ever told you that Brody is in love with Lundyn. Do you remember the Christmas party last year? He couldn't stop talking about her after that! he loves her a so does everyone else that knows her. You are such a great mom and are handling this just as you should!

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

I don't think you are over reacting at all. That would really hurt my feelings too. I mean there is more tactful ways to say things if they really feel it neccesary to have her not come, but really what harm would it cause? Well, hope you all have fun with what ever you end up doing.

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

By the way, I just LOVE the pic of Forde on the side of your page. What a cute smile! He is getting so big. They grow way too fast!

Brooke said...

That made me so sad. I think because I have twins, I cannot imagine how hard that must be for you, and frustrating. You are such a good mom and I am proud of you!

Maria said...

Lor I'm so sorry that just sucks! I would be totally frustrated too. You really are a great mom! You always do what's best for your kids. I just love your kids!!

Bowen Family said...

I don't think you are overreacting at all, I would have been very hurt too. Some people are just clueless, I just don't think they think things through and don't stop to think of how others would feel. I think your girls are both amazing and the people who aren't giving Lundyn a chance are the ones missing out not her. She is so loving and you can just feel the spirit when shes around. Keep on doing what your doing because your amazing and an example to us all.

Love
Jami

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker