Sunday, September 21, 2008

Why do kids lie?

   So my question to all of you is why do kids lie? Seriously do they think we dont know and that they can get away with everything? Well I know my kids do.... It seems evrytime I ask what happened Ky will say it wasnt me or I didnt do it and alot of the blame gets pushed onto Lundyn since she can not tell me anything. I always am wondering what really happens when they are alone down stairs and I cant see them or always hear them. I mean honestly I cant constantly be with them watching them. 
    And even though little Lundyn cant talk she trys to get away with all sorts of things, she is very smart. I will ask her to try and show me what happened or ask her a simple question and yes she to sometimes trys to get away with lying. So Nate had an idea to get a wireless camera hook it up in the basement and connect it either to my computer or my Iphone so no matter where I am at I can see what goes on. I didnt think I would even use it that much but it has been quite handy, The first time I logged into it and was watching them Ky was down stairs blowing her flute, and Lundyn got mad because she didnt want her to blow it so she went and sat in the chair and covered her ears. Well Ky didnt like that to much (probably because she demands every second for someone to watch her) so she threw the flute right at Lundyn head, Yes I witnessed this as I am running down the stairs with Lundyn crying I go to ask Ky what happened and she automatically goes onto say I didnt even do anything, Ok I caught her right there and when I told her I saw everything and I knew exactly what she did her face was PRICELESS. Yes I had a hard time keeping a strait face because I was angry as anyone would be especially when I saw the 2 welts on Lundyns face from the flute but also because she was stunned at how I knew everything and couldnt understand how. 
    It feels good to know that I have all this power its crazy I feel so excited about all this. And I just would like to know why kids all kids seem to think they can get away with things, and yes there was even a time I also thought I could get away with things. 

4 comments:

Maria said...

Today I gave a lesson in Primary about telling the truth.. do you want me to give it to your girls :) I think all kids lie at least once. They'll grow out of it (hopefully) I'm not sure my kids can barely talk.

Carlee Hoopes said...

I don't think it's just kids. I think adults lie just as much. They're just more sly about it. Anyway, I'm thinking you should market your little set-up. I bet parents would buy systems like that left and right!

Anonymous said...

I would love to have a wireless camera to watch my kids...wait a minute, they seem to never leave my sight! That is awesome though, I love it. My kids seem to just follow me around the house, playing where ever I am, seriously. Only Kate seems to stay away some times, and then I know that is TROUBLE!

Do you use sign language with Lundyn? I think I remember something about it back when I used it with Lily. Is it working for her?

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

That is too funny! That is neat that you have a camera. Very smart. We used to pull the trick with my little sisters that we saw them even when we hadn't and they would basically confess. It was great!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker